Sunday, May 12, 2013

the Saturday before Mother's Day


On the Saturday before Mother's Day, we laid in the hammock and soaked up some sunshine and rode John Deere tractors and played in the sand (I think it's safe to say that 200 lbs. of sand was somewhat excessive for the Little Tikes sand box, but at least we've got extra to replace the 10 lbs. that have already been scattered around the lawn.)
 
 

We listened to this song and I thought a little about this post. (Does Ronnie James Dio count as great music? Because Liam's loved Rainbow in the Dark since he was 6 months old. He also loves Otis Redding. Maybe they cancel each other out.) I watched a few of these inspiring videos, and read a few more chapters in this book. My favorite quote so far is, "I get stumped by the easy test questions--like whether I should let Sam ride his two-wheeler for several blocks without me when I secretly want to run alongside him like a golden retriever."


Cathedral Spires

Then I combatted a nap strike with a drive in the park followed by movie night with popcorn and herbs.

air popped popcorn, basil, garlic butter, and parmesan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day-before-Mothers-Day! I hope your Mothers Day was even better, or at least equally as good! : )

    ReplyDelete