Thursday, May 23, 2013

welcome to the mud pie kitchen

Liam and I scored our first big garage sale find on Saturday morning--a three-dollar play kitchen.


I'm always a little worried about moving toys outside. I think it's my hoarder tendencies, like I want Liam to share the joy of this garage sale kitchen with future generations. At the same time, we don't have a dedicated play room in our house and Liam loves to play outside, so I am liking the idea of creating space for him outside. It survived its first major thunderstorm (hence the mud and muck around the oven), but in general, it held up fairly well. 


That mud pie sign was a two-minute project made with a piece of scrap wood and a Sharpie. I'm thinking of hanging it on the fence and adding a chalkboard if possible.

Between the water table from last summer, his new sand box, tractors, and this kitchen, I think we're going to be spending a lot of time outside this summer.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome!!! Liam looks like he is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete