Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Room Fit for an Explorer: Details

It's been nearly four months since Liam moved into his explorer room, yet I keep putting this post off in the hopes of finishing a few projects. While it's not done and I fear it will always be a work in progress, art has been hung, the major furniture pieces have been moved in, and Liam has settled in well.





 
Sources
 
Gallery Wall
Ship Print, Vintage Maps, and German License Plate: local consignment store
Ideal Bookshelf Print: from 20 x 200 when I was pregnant, but it can be found here now
 
Dresser
A to Z Bookends: clearance rack at a local shop while I was pregnant
Golden Books: collected from thrift stores, my collection as a child, and antique shops
Dresser: my childhood dresser
My Roots Lie Here Print: from Zulily last winter, but it can also be found here
 
Crib
Star Quilt: gift
Liam the Brave sheet: from this store last year, but it can also be found here
Map: free in a National Geographic magazine
 
Toy Area
Globe, Bead Maze, andVintage Blocks: local consignment store
Sock Monkey Jack in the Box: from a local toy store, but it can also be found here
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for a little boy without being too typical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so, so much! I considered a travel theme too but ultimately went with forest animals. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, it looks fabulous! I love that map switchplate - did you make it? I'm in the middle of decorating both girls' rooms so I'm inspired by your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make it. It can be found in this shop:

      http://www.etsy.com/shop/MapMotifs

      Good luck decorating! I'm loving the sneak peeks on Instagram!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE IT! You did such a good job! I just love all the little map details...I'm obsessed with maps!

    ReplyDelete