Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tales of a Toddler Mom




'Cepticons

Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime have been carefully perched on Liam's dresser for weeks now. That is, until I made the mistake of trying to pee peacefully one night. Suddenly, Liam burst through the door, Optimus Prime in one hand and Bumble Bee in the other, proclaiming, "Oh no, Mommy, 'cepticons!"

Bedtime Routine

Liam started sleeping through the night when he was two months old. ((ducks)) There was no bedtime routine. I swaddled him. He slept. End of story. He didn't cry it out, we didn't try any crazy tricks. He just slept.

Then two happened. Followed by a toddler bed. Now, our bedtime routine consists of the following:

-We spend at least three minutes trying to decide between truck jammies and Batman jammies.
- We read no fewer than five books, including at least three from his Llama Llama collection. (The kid knows his mama's a sucker for books.)
-We make the occasional frantic phone call to Craig, "Where's Diesel? Liam won't go to bed without Diesel..."
-We locate Diesel (the latest addition to Liam's Thomas the Train collection).
-I tuck him in "snug as a bug in a rug."
-I attempt to sneak out of his room.
-I am stopped in my tracks. "Mama! Lay down!"
-I prop my head on a giant stuffed elephant as Liam recites the sound of every animal and/or vehicle he can think of. I begin to doze off.
-I notice Liam's beginning to doze off, too.
-I attempt to sneak out of his room.
-I am stopped in my tracks. "Mama! Lay down elephant!"
-I lay my head on a giant elephant while Liam plays with Diesel and Harold the helicopter.
-I notice he's asleep.
-I attempt to sneak out of his room. Success!
-I hop in the shower. I step out and begin to dry myself off only to be greeted with, "Hey Mommy, I waked up!"

Being a Mom/Wife to a Super Hero Fan is Hard Work

Me (smugly): Liam and I got a pair of super hero sheets off the clearance rack at the consignment store today.
Craig: Marvel or DC?
Me: I don't know. They had Spiderman and The Hulk and Thor on them.
Craig: Marvel. Ugh.

It only gets nerdier from here, you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this is so funny to read, having a toddler myself and very close in age to your Liam. Oh and I am mum/wife to Marvel fanatics in this house, Ironman and Captain America all the way lol
    Hope you guys are doing great, always nice to check in with your Liam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are so funny about things like that! My son has tons of transformers and knows who they are, what kind they are, if they are good/bad, etc. I however, don't have a clue!

    ReplyDelete