Monday, August 19, 2013

Two Wheelin'





A few days before Liam's second birthday, I arrived home to find a Walmart shipment packed with a Batman Big Wheel sitting on our doorstep, a gift from Craig's friend Steve. For awhile, I thought it was silly to buy Liam another bike, even though his feet still don't touch the pedals. Then on the Fourth of July, I arrived at the kids parade, and saw kids younger than Liam cruising around on their Strider bikes without a care in the world, and I was hooked. So, a couple of weeks ago, we ventured out to a bike shop to purchase a shiny new "Orange Bike," and I haven't looked back.

Little known fact: Strider bikes were developed by a guy in our hometown. It doesn't get much more local than that.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I've never heard of those before, and wish I had when my son was little. He only pushed his trike around with his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment last night but my phone was acting up...we bought one for our little guy when he was 2 or 3 and he really enjoyed it! Just this year (he is 5) he asked consistently for a pedal bike so we moved him up. Striders are great!

    ReplyDelete